You need to create an integrated digital marketing campaign for maximum success
We’re living in a digital world in every way, especially when it comes to marketing. However, simply using digital marketing isn’t enough to increase online visibility and receive a strong return on investment (ROI). You need to create an integrated digital marketing campaign to make use of all the different digital strategies and tools at your disposal. Creating this type of comprehensive online presence is the best way to convert casual website visitors to loyal customers.
It can be difficult to develop a successful digital marketing strategy without the right expertise. Thankfully, you don’t have to do it alone. The Mabbly team has created a two-part blog series to help you understand this topic a little bit better. In our first blog, we explained what integrated digital marketing is and how it works. Now, we’re exploring how to create a successful integrated digital marketing campaign.
How to create an integrated digital marketing campaign
Every business is unique, so there’s more than one way to create an integrated digital marketing campaign. The details may vary, but there are some general steps that marketers and businesses can take to make these campaigns a success.
- Know your audience. Before doing any marketing, it’s critical to identify the target audience. This includes knowing demographic information as well as facts about this audience’s attitudes, behaviors and interests. Ask yourself, “Who are my target customers? How do they think and where can I find them online?” This knowledge allows you to craft key marketing messages that will resonate with your audience.
- Pick your marketing channels. Although an integrated digital marketing strategy will include many components, it’s impossible to market everywhere. As a result, you need to decide which marketing channels will give you the biggest bang for your buck. It’s better to focus on the most effective channels than it is to try to be everywhere at once.
- Stay consistent as a brand. We all know that a brand’s visual identity needs to be consistent. After all, it wouldn’t make sense to have different logos and color schemes for different marketing channels. At the same time, you also want your message and voice to be identifiable as yours. The voice of your business is unique, but your content should always be clear, compelling and consistent.
- Integrate your messaging. This is the key to create an integrated digital marketing campaign. Your goal is to drive traffic to your target. The target could be directing customers to your website to make an appointment, purchase a product or subscribe to a newsletter. It could also be encouraging someone to interact with your page on a social network like Facebook. Using links and keywords can help tie everything together.
Overcoming barriers to create an integrated digital marketing campaign
When it comes time to create an integrated digital marketing campaign, it’s important to identify any barriers to its success. Here are two of the biggest problem areas and how an experienced marketing agency overcomes them.
- Lack of planning. Planning and strategy are important to create a successful integrated digital marketing campaign. Before beginning any marketing efforts, the marketing team should prioritize, set goals and allocate the necessary resources to meet the targets. Specifically, the business needs to first develop a brand strategy, then a marketing strategy and finally a digital strategy. Doing so ensures that the marketing campaign delivers a consistent message and experience.
- Teams working separately. It’s true that digital marketing can involve many specialized teams. For example, you have web developers, content managers, social media managers and PPC ad specialists performing different tasks to increase online visibility for a business. Although each professional needs to focus on their specific tasks, they also need to collaborate with other team members to ensure consistency. This involves creating a unified vision and ensuring that everyone works together to achieve a common goal. The result is an integrated team to create an integrated digital marketing campaign.
With some simple planning and collaboration among different team members, distinct pieces of marketing can come together to create an integrated marketing campaign. Consumers will be more likely to know and engage with your brand. This also makes it more likely that they will move from someone visiting your website or social media page to a loyal customer, which is the goal of marketing.
Rely on Mabbly for integrated digital marketing
Many factors are involved when it’s time to create an integrated digital marketing campaign, and it can be difficult to manage all these moving pieces. However, it is possible to create a marketing campaign to help your business reach new heights. You just need to partner with an experienced marketing agency like Mabbly.
Every day, our team uses integrated digital marketing to improve visibility and growth for businesses around the country. Interested in learning more? Contact us to learn how we can help develop your digital strategy and marketing content that will help your organization transform and grow.